Walnut Raisin Spice Cookies
Yield: approximately 10 cookies
2 cups walnut pieces
¼ cup coconut flakes
½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
2 egg whites, whisked until frothy
1/8 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Grind the walnut pieces, coconut flakes, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger in a food processor until well combined and consistency is like a coarse, moist flour. Transfer the walnut mixture to a bowl.
- Add in the eggs, honey and vanilla extract to make a batter. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the raisins and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a teaspoon, drop equal-sized rounds of batter onto cookie sheet. Using your fingers, flatten and shape into a circle
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.