GARLIC MASHED CAULIFLOWER
with caramelized onions
- 1/2 large or 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 stalk of fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup white beans (I used cannellini)
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- Salt to taste (appx 1/2-1 tsp)
- Steam cauliflower until just soft. Place the rosemary stalk in the water if you’re using it. Rinse in cool water when done.
- Put cauliflower and all ingredients on list in a food processor and pulse to desired consistency- keep a little bit of texture. I ended up adding a little water to smooth it out a bit.
- 1 large or 2 small yellow onions
- 2-4 TBSP olive oil
- Heat oil in a saute pan on medium, add onions and sauté until just translucent.
- Turn pan to low and cook for 45-60 minutes stirring regularly until golden, soft, and very sweet. - Dr. Samantha