– ⅓ cup quinoa, rinsed in cold water
– ⅔ cup water
– 16 whole (pitted) dates
– ½ cup raw skin-on almonds
– ⅓ cup smooth almond butter (or, if preferred, peanut butter)
– ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
– Pinch of salt
– Additional crushed almonds for coating the quinoa bites
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Process the ½ cup of almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Pulse until they are also finely chopped and the mixture starts to ball together.
- Add the hot cooked quinoa, salt, almond butter, and the chocolate chips. Pulse until the mixture balls up around the blade and the chocolate has melted.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the crushed almonds to coat.
- Refrigerate the balls for about 1 hour, until firm. -Tip Hero