Cook time: 30 minutes
Refrigerate: 2-3 hours
- 1 pound skinless, organic bone-in chicken
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chilies chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Coating:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond or coconut flour
- Add water to two saucepans, and bring both to a boil. Place chicken in one, sweet potatoes in the other.
- Remove from heat when chicken is done (about 15-20 minutes) and sweet potatoes are done (about 10-12 minutes)
- Once cooled, shred the boiled chicken into small pieces. Mash the potato. Mix together in a bowl.
- Add in cilantro, chilies, and spices
- Form 2-inch, round patties
- Leave in fridge to firm (ideally 2-3 hours, but I was impatient and waited 30 minutes)
- Remove from fridge, then dip each side in the egg mixture (just one egg beaten)
- In a separate bowl, coat each cutlet in flour
- Place on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper. Allow it to freeze.
- When you’re ready to eat, simply take one out and pan-fry it with some ghee or coconut oil.