Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Author: Rachel Carlyle Edington - Gluten Free Mama
- 3 cups Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 10 Tbsp. butter or dairy free margarine
- ½ cup molasses
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg (or 1½ tsp. egg replacer mixed with 3 Tbsp. warm water)
- Course sugar or royal icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter with molasses, sugar and vanilla. Scrap down sides of bowl. Stir in egg. With mixer running on low speed pour in a little flour mixture at a time until all is combined.
- Place dough on large piece of plastic wrap and cover. Chill for 1-2 hours. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface about ⅛-1/4 inch thickness. Cut out gingerbread people. Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with course sugar or leave plain for frosting. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to remain on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.