Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 8 cups filtered water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 small date, pitted (omit for Whole30)
- Place almonds in a bowl with 4 cups of filtered water and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and soak for 10 hours or overnight.
- Drain the nuts and rinse well. Transfer them to a blender and fill with 4 cups filtered water. Add the date and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and puree until smooth.
- Strain the milk through a fine-mesh sieve, a nut milk bag, or doubled cheesecloth. Squeeze to remove all of the liquid. Store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Makes 1 quart.