You can find sweet potato puree in a can, but it is very easy to make at home. If you buy it in a can, make sure it only contains sweet potatoes – no other ingredients! To make sweet potato puree at home, bake or steam a sweet potato and then puree it in a blender or food processor.One sweet potato will make more than enough puree for this recipe, you can use the leftover puree to make muffins or pancakes.
You can find cinnamon chips in the grocery section of Walmart for less than $2.00 a bag.
Like all of my fudge recipes, this is easy to make. The trick to perfect, melt-in-your-mouth fudge is allowing it to reach 234 degrees. You can pick up a Candy Thermometer for several dollars at your local store.
Sweet Potato Fudge
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup butterShop
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cups sweet potato puree
- 10 oz. bag cinnamon chips
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) white chocolate chipsRecipes
- 1 – 7 oz. jar of marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a large pot, combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, and sweet potato puree.
- Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips until they are completely melted.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed in.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased pan and cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.